Friday, February 10, 2006

Hi Happy Hello!

Hello everyone! I’m Just A Knit Wit (aka Kelly) and I live in the ‘burbs of Chicago.

Anyways, here’s my little drama with the whole Knitting Olympics thing.

My yarn didn’t come!! I only was just told that it’s on back order and won’t get here for probably another week. ACK! So I am changing my project. Originally I was planning on doing the Rosebud scarf from Scarf Style, but now I’ve changed and I’m going to really really push myself and do the Kiri Shawl. I’m working in some KnitPicks Shadow in the Redwood color that I had lying around the house. It’s a beautiful heathered yarn and while I was swatching and trying lace for the first time last night I noticed it has beautiful streaks of deep purple here or there.

By the way… if you’ve put off buying a ball winder and a swift like I have, just hand wind 440yds of lace weight yarn. Believe me… you’ll break down and buy it. Especially when I realized that I had another 880yds to go. I’m just praying it gets here before I run out of yarn.

3 Comments:

Blogger AmyArtisan said...

Welcome to the team! Your new project sounds great - can't wait to see how it progresses.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Eileen said...

That does sound like quite a project! We have faith in you, though...

The yarn sounds lovely, I'm looking forward to seeing how it works up!

~Eileen

9:12 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I'd lend you my ballwinder if you lived in Mpls... yikes!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home