Thursday, February 09, 2006

Here!

I am thinking of this as the team roll call. I'm here!

I will be knitting the "Violets by the River" shawl from Blackberry Ridge. I purchased the kit, with silk yarn in the color of sunrise, in May 2005. I believe it has aged enough. Time to go!

Training/preparation:
Read through patter, check!
Needles of correct size, check!
Yarn, check - it was in the kit!
Markers, check!
Chocolate, dark, check!

Left to do: Wind skein into a ball while distracting the cats and read through the pattern just one more time.

I'm in Minnesota, very near St. Paul, so there is no question about qualifying for mid-west!

5 Comments:

Blogger AmyArtisan said...

Welcome aboard! Your project sounds beautiful!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hi Betty! Wow, that's a gorgeous shawl. Sounds like you are all ready to roll...

2:17 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Oo, isn't that pretty! And you're so organized, too... I'm jealous. I have a terrible feeling that I'm going to spend the first couple days of the Olympics just swatching, when I *should* have done that already.

(Don't tell me that I still have time to do that tonight. I can't hear you... La La La La...)

~Eileen

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are very wise. My yarn has to age too. It is a very intense project, this aging of yarn. People do not understand the intensity involved.

;)

I am really looking forward to seeing this!!

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love that shawl pattern. It's so beautiful--I may have to order the kit for a future project. I've knit several of the sock kits and one sweater kit from Blackberry Ridge, but never a shawl. Good luck!

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home