Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Lace Contingent

Hi,

I'm here, too. I committed to doing something in lace, since I don't have much experience with it, but haven't yet found a pattern I like that won't be *so* complex that it completely stops me from being able to watch the Olympics... I'm a rabid Winter Olympics fan, and will feel completely deprived if I don't see all the skating competitions that are on the major network (it is, perhaps, a blessing in disguise that I don't get cable, or I'd just hole up for the entire Olympics, glued to the TV, ignoring my husband and son's pathetic pleas that I stop just long enough to take a bath). Somehow *hearing* the skating competitions just isn't the same...

But I am committed. If push comes to shove and I don't find something preferable, I will attempt 'Tiger Eyes' from "Socks, Socks, Socks", which not only look nasty complex but *also* are toe-up socks, which I've never done before. They look difficult, but they are a relatively small project, and won't need blocking or much finishing - I'm hoping that I might get away with watching at least the more competitive levels of the competitions. Ha. Ha.

Kudos: Thanks to Chris for thinking to start up this blog!


~Eileen
St. Paul, MN

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Yer welcome - now we just have to drum up a few more team members!! :)

5:15 PM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

You could try the Kiri shawl. It's lace, on size 8's, and the pattern says it's great for beginning lace knitters. The pattern is free and it doesn't call for that much yarn either. You could make a one of a kind masterpiece in Koigu.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home