Thursday, February 09, 2006

This should be fun!!

Hello from St. Louis. I am going to make a pair of socks for my mom. She has cold feet so I try to keep her stocked with nice warm socks. I am going to use the Glad Raggs pattern from the Six_Socks_Knitalong Yahoo Group with beads!!. (I would make that a hot link if I had even a clue about how to do that. Today is my first blogging experience!!)

I have a crazy work life, one daughter in elementary school, one in middle school, and a husband that travels a lot. When I told my 5th grader what I was doing, she immediately responded with, "Both socks? In two weeks? Really?" She is a knitter too, so she knows I am being ambitious here!!

Should be fun. I am eager to hear how your projects progress - I cannot imagine tackling a sweater in two weeks - WOW!!

Sherry

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Welcome! Heh, I think that the sweater I'm knitting probably has the same number of stitches in it as a pair of fingering weight socks...

3:01 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

With your responsibilities, I think knitting 2 socks is a very legitimate challenge! I'm so glad you joined... this is going to be fun! :)

~Eileen

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cracked me up! The quote from your daughter? "Really? Both socks?" I am laughing like mad over here - I have heard things like that too!

Best of luck!!

(Are you SUPPOSED to knit a second sock??????)

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home