Friday, February 10, 2006

Greetings from the Iowa contingent

Hi all! Probably I should have joined the "What the Hell Was I Thinking?" team instead, but I'm ready to go! I'm knitting the Sitcom Chic sweater from Knitty with some TLC Cotton Plus (in an attempt to substitute for the Cotton-Ease since I really need an easy to care for cotton sweater to wear at work). It's in a boring cream color that I had lying around. Anyway, I've never knitted a sweater in less than a year before, so this will definitely be a challenge. That and the fact that I work second shift and for some reason feel it's "wrong" to knit during the day (gotta get over that one), and the fact that I'm working overtime ALL weekend I'm definitely working under a handicap. But I've taken the Pledge , got my skeins wound, and will be ready to go as soon as I find out where the kitten has hidden the needles I need.

4 Comments:

Blogger AmyArtisan said...

Welcome aboard! Let the fun begin :)

11:28 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Good luck finding the needles!

I knit Sitcom Chic last summer and it went very, very well. Very speedy. You can do it!! You can do it!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

I know you can do it!

(Bribe the kitten with Tuna)

3:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck! That sweater is so cute. Just knit once during the day - you'll adapt real quick. :) Keep us posted on your progress!!

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home