Monday, February 20, 2006

A Crappy Photo


This is a terrible photo, I know - the carpet is actually cream coloured, and I swear there's a stitch pattern in there somewhere, but it was late, and I was dodging the intervention of several curious cats.

Shawl is now up to row 190-something. I may need a shoulder reconstruction at the end of this, but By G*d I will Finish This Thing.

Something I have learned while knitting this shawl:

- When cursing my Addis for having prematurely lost their slick shininess, I should check both the Addis and my hands for residual traces of Cadbury Creme Eggs. Ahem.

I also learned the depths of my self-control last night. We were sitting on the couch, I was knitting, Dave was watching the NBA all-star game. I was concentrating on lace charts. Dave was concentrating on relaying as many basketball stats as he could without drawing breath. "Lebron James...blah blah blah...Rasheed Wallace....blah blah blah....Kobe Bryant...blah blah blah..."

And I DIDN'T turn to him sweetly and say "You know I love you, but for the LOVE OF YARN if you keep spouting basketball at me when I'm trying to knit lace, I will garotte you with my Addi's!"

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I had the strangest sense of vuja de as I read this... ;)

The shawl is lovely! I'm sure it will completely hide the bandages from your shoulder reconstruction.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

Hehe that's great. Self control while holding pointy objects is a skill all knitters must master. Bravo!

And the shawl is beautiful!

3:56 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Go go go! You can do it. The shawl is gorgeous!

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home