Sunday, February 19, 2006

Knitting Injury

Alas, I have succumbed to the dreaded knitting malady of tendonitis of the right arm. I have used warm compresses, Aspircream, Aleve to no avail. My tendon's are just plain refusing to stop hurting. I guess it's a case of not enough pre-Olympic training. I thought I had done enough, taking two knitting classes in the weeks leading up to the games, but nothing prepared me for the hour after hour of knitting while watching [and learning] curling. Agonizing over the pain of defeat and the joy of victory while coming down the luge run, coupled with endless rows of knitting and purling have done me in. I'm not ready to completely give up on my Gold medal, but the chances of finishing the hooded sweater are dimming. If only I could learn how to knit with my feet!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

I know exactly what you mean! I have a neck/shoulder injury and it hurts to knit.

But, look at the bright side! At least you can feel it!

5:21 PM  
Blogger AmyArtisan said...

Hang in there! The Olympics are as much about the personal challenge as they are the gold metal. :)

5:33 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ow!!! Hot showers? Massage? Chiropractic?

No permanent damage, please!

6:15 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Ouch ouch ouch. Poor you.

Quick! I'll send you my trainer for therapy.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home