Thursday, February 16, 2006

Moving right along

I have the Hourglass sweater knitted up to the armpits. Sleeve 1 is done and ready to be joined onto the yoke. Sleeve 2 is about six inches long. No pictures because this black sweater just doesn't photograph well.

I don't have cable or an antenna or anything, so I haven't been watching the Olympics. I have been watching DVDs of the 1999 Tour de France, which keeps my knitting speed up. To balance out the potentially increased tension and gauge problems from watching something intense, I have been sipping pinot noir as I knit. :)

Keep going strong, Team Midwest!!! We can do it!

2 Comments:

Blogger AmyArtisan said...

I definitely understand about the speed of the sport relating to the speed of the knitting. While watching downhill events I've noticed I go faster. Sometimes during the figure skating I just have to stop to watch so that I don't mess up. :)

Sounds like you are cruising right along!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Are you sure this sweater is a big enough challenge to qualify? Maybe you should embroider something on it, or add a bit of lace to the cuffs, or turn it into a cardie by stitching and cutting it!
;D

~Eileen

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home