Friday, February 17, 2006

If you are happy and you know it frog your yarn!

Hm...First post... well, the title pretty much gives it away.

I was knitting along and watching TV and my mom (Adelle), all of the sudden, said that I had to frog my yarn. I looked at her like she was crazy...I mean, I am not a frog...so she must be loosing it. So she saw the confusion on my face and said that I needed to pull out all of my yarn to about 15 rows from the bottom. I looked at her with WTF look and she said that it had to be done. Okay, mom you have officially lost it. That single thought kept on repeating in my mind as I slowly pulled out my beautiful yarn. My wonderful shawl that looked like candy was reduced to nothing but a small triangle. My mom was trying to comfort me, saying that it had to be done because the pattern was all screwy, and also said that if I increase on both ends, it will look better.

Five hours later, I got it all back, plus a little more. What did I learn from this experience? If you are happy and you know it...frog your yarn!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee. Glad you're back and beyond where you were! And welcome!!

6:41 PM  
Blogger AmyArtisan said...

What a great recovery! Keep on knitting on - can't wait to see your finished shawl! :)

11:39 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Oh no! I'm glad you managed to catch up to where you were.

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home