Sunday, February 26, 2006

Well, I gave it a shot

I think that this particular project was doomed from the start. I had the gauge problems on the original project. How frustrating! I didn't get the look I liked at the gauge, and when I had enough of it to know that it wasn't going to work, well... too much time had gone by. That is one thing about being familiar with different kinds of yarn - I have now discovered this. I haven't really worked with Homespun before. It is a great yarn but I would never want it at that gauge - and this was a LB sweater made with Homespun - I think it made it look icky - almost like 1/2 felted fabric or something.

So anyway, when I switched I just didn't have time to finish. I gave it a shot though. I am doing a wonderful lacy type poncho (lacy in stitch - not in yarn) made out of Bernat Soft & Chunky which is a yarn I love. It is pure white and I think it will be wonderful for spring. It isn't heavy due to the stitch pattern even though it is chunky yarn. I love it.

So alls well that ends well. Just no gold this time around. But on the really cool side, my daughter Hannah (if you're happy and you know it frog your yarn posting) did finish and is getting her photos and postings ready. She is 15 and I think deserves a standing ovation.

Sooooo.... are we going to do this again in two years?

Adelle
http://www.hankeringforyarn.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Bummer! But fabulous news about Hannah, especially because of her rocky start.

Heh, we'll see if our fearless leader, the Yarn Harlot, survives these Olympics! :)

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home